Saturday, March 29, 2014

More Than Just "T" Joints


These are the welds that my students completed as the practical section of their final assessment for the "Introduction to Agricultural Mechanics" class. They are "T" joints, Arc welded with E-6013 in the flat position.  

"Introduction to Welding" is the first unit I have taught in my student teaching.  For this unit we spent two weeks in the classroom learning the techniques and theory associated with Arc and Oxy-Fuel welding, along with the necessary safety precautions.  Following the classroom instruction, the students got to have their first attempts at welding, as we spent the next five weeks in the shop burnin' steel!

As much as I love everything that has to do with welding, it is not the fifteen "T" joints in the picture that make me smile.  Knowing that fifteen students have gained a new skill that they can confidently use is what makes me smile.  Way to go, class!


1 comment: